Disclaimer: These English translations are for reference purpose only. In case of any discrepancies between the translation and the Japanese version, the Japanese version will prevail as the official authoritative version.
Regulations on the Faculty Evaluation Committee of TI-FRIS
Established on December 23, 2020
Revised on March 9, 2023
Article 1. These regulations shall govern the organization and operation of the Faculty Evaluation Committee of the Tohoku Initiative for Fostering Global Researchers for Interdisciplinary Sciences (hereinafter referred to as “TI-FRIS”).
(Matters for Deliberation)
Article 2. The Faculty Evaluation Committee shall deliberate on the following matters
(i) Matters related to the selection of the TI-FRIS Fellows
(ii) Matters related to the evaluation of the TI-FRIS Fellows
(iii) Other matters related to the TI-FRIS Fellows as consulted by the Program Manager (Organization)
Article 3. The Faculty Evaluation Committee shall consist of a Chairperson and the following members
(i) One full or associate professor of the lead institution of TI-FRIS
(ii) One full or associate professor from each of the participating universities in TI-FRIS
(iii) Other persons deemed necessary by the Faculty Evaluation Committee (Chairperson)
Article 4. The Chairperson of the Faculty Evaluation Committee shall be the Program Manager.
(2) Notwithstanding the provision in the preceding paragraph, in the event that the Chairperson is unable to perform his/her duties, a committee member designated in advance by the Chairperson may perform his/her duties on his/her behalf.
Article 5. The committee members listed in Article 3 shall be appointed by the Program Manager.
Article 6. The term of office of the committee members listed in Article 3 shall be two years. Reappointment shall not be precluded. However, the term of office of a substitute member shall be the remaining term of office of his/her predecessor.
(2) Notwithstanding the provisions in the preceding paragraph, the term of office for a member whose term does not begin on April 1 shall be until the end of the fiscal year following the fiscal year in which he/she was appointed.
Article 7. In principle, the Faculty Evaluation Committee shall meet two times a year.
(2) Notwithstanding the provisions in the preceding paragraph, the Chairperson may hold an extraordinary meeting of the Faculty Evaluation Committee if he/she deems it necessary.
Article 8. The Faculty Evaluation Committee shall not hold a meeting and make a decision unless half or more of its members are present.
Article 9. The Program Manager shall set the agenda of the Faculty Evaluation Committee and notify the members in advance. However, this shall not apply in the case of an emergency.
(Attendance of Non-Committee Members)
Article 10. The Faculty Committee may invite non-members to attend and provide explanations or opinions.
Article 11. In addition to the provisions of these regulations, matters necessary for the operation of the Faculty Evaluation Committee shall be prescribed separately.
These regulations shall come into effect on December 23, 2020, and shall apply from November 13, 2020.
These regulations shall come into effect on April 1, 2023.
Faculty Evaluation Committee of TI-FRIS
Committee Chair Program Manager
(1) A professor or an associate professor of the representative organization
(2) One professor or the associate professor from each of the Inter-University Research Institutes
(3) Other persons deemed necessary by the Program Steering Committee
Items for discussion
(1) Matters related to the selection of the project's training targets
(2) Matters related to the evaluation of the project's training subjects
(3) Any other matters concerning the training target that the program manager consults on
|Affiliation / Position||Name||Term||Research Fields||Remarks|
|Committee member list is not published|