Disclaimer: These English translations are for reference purpose only. In case of any discrepancies between the translation and the Japanese version, the Japanese version will prevail as the official authoritative version.
Regulations on the Advisory Board of TI-FRIS
Established on December 23, 2020
Article 1. These regulations shall govern the organization and operation of the Advisory Board of the Tohoku Initiative for Fostering Global Researchers for Interdisciplinary Sciences (hereinafter referred to as “TI-FRIS”).
(Matters Under Jurisdiction)
Article 2. The matters under the jurisdiction of the Advisory Board shall be as follows.
(i) Matters related to confirmation, verification and improvement of the progress of TI-FRIS
(ii) Other matters as consulted by the Program Manager (Organization)
Article 3. The Advisory Board shall consist of the following members
(i) External experts: several individuals
(ii) Other persons deemed necessary by the Advisory Board (Chairperson)
Article 4. The Advisory Board shall have a Chairperson, who shall be elected by its members.
(2) The Chairperson shall preside over board affairs.
Article 5. The members listed in Article 3 Items i and ii shall be appointed by the Program Manager.
Article 6. The term of office of the members listed in Article 3, Items i and ii shall be two years. Reappointment shall not be precluded. However, the term of office of a substitute member shall be the remaining term of office of his/her predecessor.
(2) Notwithstanding the provisions in the preceding paragraph, the term of office for a member whose term does not begin on April 1 shall be until the end of the fiscal year following the fiscal year in which he/she was appointed.
Article 7. In principle, the Advisory Board shall be held once a year.
(2) The Advisory Board shall not hold a meeting unless half or more of its members are present.
(3) Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 1, the Program Manager may hold an extraordinary meeting of the Advisory Board if he/she deems it necessary. (Miscellaneous Provisions)
Article 8. In addition to the provisions of these regulations, matters necessary for the operation of the Advisory Board shall be prescribed separately.
These regulations shall come into effect on December 23, 2020, and shall apply from November 13, 2020.
Advisory Board of TI-FRIS
(1) Several outside experts
(2) Other persons deemed necessary by the Advisory Board
Chairman：Mutual election of committee members
Matters under the jurisdiction：
(1) Matters related to confirmation, verification, and improvement of the progress of efforts in this project
(2) Other matters to be consulted by the program manager
|Affiliation / Position||Name||Term||Remarks|
|Shiro Takegami||R04.04.01 – R06.03.31||（１）|
General Manager, Technology Management Center, Technology Strategy Office, Research and Development Group
|Yuuko Kani||R04.04.01 – R06.03.31||（１）|
Director, Life Science Center for Survival Dynamics,Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance
|Akiyoshi Fukamizu||R04.04.01 – R06.03.31||（１）|
Professor, Informational Biology
|Daisuke Saito||R04.04.01 – R06.03.31||（１）|